Catch up on Aman

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Who do you have on ICE?

No no no... I'm not talking about that girl who gave you a wrong number though you thought you were on top of your game, nor am I talking that guy who's suddenly started liking you less just after you gave in to him... In fact, I'm not talking about any dating/relationship/rejection issues at all. So, you wonder, who else could you possibly have on ICE...?

Well, in this case, ICE is an acronym for "In Case of Emergency." And it's not someone you're trying to shut out... but rather, someone paramedics can call 'In Case of an Emergency" when you've lost consciousness. ICE enables paramdics to use the victim's cellphone to notify their next of kin... so for example, your parents could be ICE1, and your best friend could be ICE2 and your boy/girl could be ICE3... and so on. It's actually a cool, simple, easy and discreet way of informing strangers of people to contact "In Case of an Emergency," and I'm surprised its taking so long to catch on.

This is where I step in, being the tech-geek that I am, especially when its related to cell phones! So, go ahead, ICE someone on your cellphones... and though I hope the situation never arises... at least you'll be slightly better prepared to face your next emergency. And trust me, with the US Health-Care System getting a "D" in overall healthcare quality, you're going to need all the help you can!

Here's the LINK!

- Catch up on Aman, keeping you in the KNOW!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see myself actually putting in an entry for "ICE" but I do have speed dial entries for "dad", "aunt sue", and other family members. I'm confident that the paramedics will be able to figure things out.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Aman said...

sure... but you are a very specific case... and it always helps to standardize things... so why not just do it??!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home