Catch up on Aman

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

How Did You Beat the Heat this Past Weekend...?

Man, was it a scorcher!!! Sure, it might have been hotter in Delhi, in Phoenix, heck, even in LA, but man, it was HOT here in sunny-San Diego. It was up to 115F on Saturday and, thanks to some welcomed cloud-cover, slightly cooler at 100F on Sunday. Now that's not too hot, but it was hot enough to be the hottest weekend of the year for us in SD. And personally, it's not something us Diegans want to get used to or be proud of. We want to leave the 'Man it was hot' stories to people in Phoenix so that they have something to talk about.... we have plenty of other things going on in San Diego and so the heat is just not welcome here!

So, as you can imagine, since we aren't used to such hot days, many of the houses, especially the older ones like I live in, simply don't have ACs... so what's one to do!!!? Well, in times like these, you just have to beat the heat the best way you know how... and for us Capitalist Americans, we are forced to seek refuge in our typical habitats, which usually means either staying cool in shopping malls or going to spend some time in air-conditioned movie theaters... and the latter is just what I did in my attempt to try and stay cool this past weekend.

That brings me to a couple movie reviews to get you up-to-speed on what's out in theaters these days, just in case you try to keep cool next weekend in your neck of the woods...

Lady in the Water
This latest feat my M. Night was just another attempt by him to try and replicate his genius in the Sixth Sense. Personally, I feel his movies have only been getting worse ever since they reached that pinnacle, and this is his latest and lamest film to date! You know it's sad when he has to resort to comedy in this supposedly morbid tale. The irony of it is that the comedy was the only thing that managed to keep me tuned-in. I'd recommend you wait for it to come out on DVD if you really want to watch it... but then again, why would you really ever want to watch it?

My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Now this was a super-cool idea... I mean a girlfriend with superpowers... woo hoo! Talk about something to boast about the next time you go out with the guys! Now granted, this movie wasn't spectacular, and at times, it was simply down-right stupid! But you have to love the idea, and at times, even the execution. It certainly made me laugh more than just a few times. But I guess the best part of it was, it made me realize that all my ex-girlfriends have been angels in comparison to the one portrayed in this movie... Man, sometimes you just don't know how good you have it... ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Aman said...

Ha! Better than going to Jamba Juice... took me 40 minutes to get a freakin' smoothie! :(

11:20 PM  
Blogger Aman said...

Ha! I almost went to see 'You me and Dupree' as well... :-)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home