Catch up on Aman

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Nomadic Sis.....

It wasn't long ago, when I couldn't stand her, and she could tolerate me even less. I used to run around the house irritating her, simply because that was fun for me... and she used to scream and yell the second I even got close to her. She wouldn't ever let me into her room and would constantly try to distance herself from me, and so, in retaliation, I always tried to sneak in just to invade her space and further instigate her. She always knew exactly how to tick me off... and as far as siblings go, we probabaly had one of the best love-hate relationships you can have!

All I can say is, its great having a sister. Sure, we had our problems... times when we hated eachother more than we thought we could hate anyone, but the love was as strong as the hate! She might have made fun of me and teased me at home, but I knew she always had my back outside of the house... I even remember her talking down a bully once... just to back me up. Thanks sis, though, I could've handled him ;)

But now, that little nerdy girl who was afraid to use escalators for the longest time.. has finally grown up. She's now known to the world not as Rinki, or Rinku, or Nannette, or even Rinks... she simply now goes by Harpreet. She's evolved into a beautiful, wonderful, intelligent, caring, loving, generous and fun-loving young woman. She's left the little house we grew up in and has travelled around the world to her heart's content. Some people just aren't meant to stay put... and if I ever knew a free-spirit, then it is her. In fact, the only time she ever gets irritated or cranky, is when her freedom is limited and is out of her control... just a fair warning to any man brave enough to try and conquer her... though he better be very brave, cuz he'd eventually have to face me!

But this blog posting is not meant to be a biography, a bio-data for marriage, nor a praise for the person that is my sis, but rather, a praise for her photography, which I have showcased. (Click on the 'My Nomadic Sis' linky at the left!) We both have the same passion and interest when it comes to photography, but with very different perspectives... which is I guess to be expected from any normal brother and sister pair. But I guess her photography is special to me, because this is one of the few times that we can actually claim to share an interest... and so it's simply just fun for me to share this hobby with her as we both have an opportunity to share our work with eachtother, and our respective friends.

So, join me, as I post the pics of her travels on my blog, slowly and gradually. At the least, I can promise you a perspective on photography that is very different from mine, but I can also promise you a journey to distant and less-travelled parts of the world from a very imaginative and creative perspective.

Way to go Rinks! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Aman said...

God... don't u just love the modesty that runs in our family ;)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i was just quoting you! ;) -- rinks.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Aman said...

ouch... well it's a free world... so speak ur mind.... but at least identify yourself... coward!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home