Catch up on Aman

Friday, July 28, 2006

Finally Finished!!!

A Brief History of Time
Yes, it took me over a month... yes, it was only about 200 or so pages... and yes, it wasn't a boring book... but I'm just slow OK!!! I just can't sit and finish reading a book in one-go like some people... I need to read it chapter by chapter. Heck, the fastest read ever for me was the Da Vinci Code, and even that took 3 weeks, and that's a record! :) But I guess that's why I buy and keep books I read... for it takes me so damn long to read them that they almost become a part of me!

But anyways, lets get back to the book-review. This was overall a good read. It wasn't a great read because it didn't spark my imagination the way I wish it had. It was at times too factual and chronological, it never really did expand on the 'what-if' aspect regarding the mystery of space that to me is the most exciting part. But it was nevertheless a good read because it does a good job informing one about all the historical discoveries about space and our universe, and how we have come to define it as we do today. It's a good culmination of the progress some of the greatest-known-minds have made in this field, and it really does a good job of simplifying some of the greatest and most complicated theries we have derived. But again, what it doesn't do is spark the imagination to keep one wondering about what else is going on out there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats slow poke.... ;p now if u want to read a good book, i could suggest a few...try the kite runner by khaled hosseini or a good novel by murakami...i suggest the wind up bird chronicle....something different and you might enjoy it. rinks

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home